(813) 250-9463
Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 
Event-crush20180824

Crush Hour, France

Add To Cart
$25.00
 
This Item is Sold Out
This Item is Sold Out
  • Product Description

    Please join Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits on Friday August 24th from 6:30-8:30pm for a Crush Hour featuring one of the largest wine regions in the world, France.

    France is currently the second-largest wine-producing country on earth (after Italy) creating more than six billion bottles, on average, each year.  We will be exploring three of the country’s best regions (in my opinion) Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne.  All wines hand picked by our staff, and should not disappoint.

    Five cheeses from the Bern’s Cave du Fromage will be paired with the wines, along with housemade breads. The price is $25.00 per person. Reservations are requested and can be made by calling Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits at (813) 250-9463 or by replying to this email.

    NOTE: We would like to accommodate everyone, but without a reservation admission is not guaranteed.

    2014 Chateau Beau-Sejour Becot St Emilion -$79.95
    Blend: 87% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Sauvignon & 4% Cabernet Franc
    This delivers a vibrant core of raspberry and boysenberry preserves, freshened with hints of mint, savory and tobacco, all carried by fine threads of charcoal through the finish. Reveals a lovely tug of sweet earth at the end. 93 points Wine Spectator 

    2015 Alain Chavy Bourgogne Blanc -$22.95
    The young vines grown in Puligny, where the wines typically show green and yellow fruit, firm in avidity, and distinctive minerality. While light in body, the wine is taut, rich in texture and toasted flavors, and fresh in character. –Winemaker Notes

    Champagne Leclerc Briant Reserve Brut N/V -$69.95
    Bertrant Leclerc & Jacqualine Briant were early adopters of organic practices and one of the first to bottle single-vineyard Champagnes in the 1970’s. Today, enologist Herve Jestin continues their legacy and delivers the depth and fruitiness expected of Champagne made from 80% black grapes and underlying notes of brioche and almond. The remaining percent from Chardonnay brings an underpinning of lemony acidity. While it is light and fresh, the finish is firmly dry with lingering notes of chervil and coriander. –The Winebow Group

    2015 Tollot Beaut Chorey Les Beaune Rouge -$47.95
    A terrific village Chorey from vines over ninety years old.  Notes of juicy red cherry, coniferous sous bois and subtle espresso lead to a refined, well balanced and full-bodied palate showing impressive depth and intensity through the persistent finish. 90 points Decanter

    2015 Chateau Laplagnotte Bellevue Saint Emilion -$34.95
    With a blend of 75% merlot and the remainder 25% Cabernet Franc, this wine provides fruit-driven notes of black currant, black cherry, licorice, and graphite. The soil composition of iron-rich clay and sand express a medium body with soft, silky tannins, and a deep plum and ruby hue to the wine. –Winemaker Notes

    2016 Chateau de Fontenille Blanc Entre Deux Mers -$13.95
    Light gold in color, teeming with enticing aromas of citrus and white peaches, it displays wonderful acidity and freshness on the palate coupled with exotic fruit and citrus flavors. –Winebow Group

  • Wine Specs
  • Wine Profile
  • Post A Review
    Product Reviews
    Add A Product Review
    E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

    Leave this field blank:

See what people are saying...

Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank:

Crush Hour, France

Crush Hour, France

08/24/2018|6:30pm-8:30pm|Bern's Fine Wines & Spirits.


Add To Cart
$25.00
 
This Item is Sold Out

Please join Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits on Friday August 24th from 6:30-8:30pm for a Crush Hour featuring one of the largest wine regions in the world, France.

France is currently the second-largest wine-producing country on earth (after Italy) creating more than six billion bottles, on average, each year.  We will be exploring three of the country’s best regions (in my opinion) Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne.  All wines hand picked by our staff, and should not disappoint.

Five cheeses from the Bern’s Cave du Fromage will be paired with the wines, along with housemade breads. The price is $25.00 per person. Reservations are requested and can be made by calling Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits at (813) 250-9463 or by replying to this email.

NOTE: We would like to accommodate everyone, but without a reservation admission is not guaranteed.

2014 Chateau Beau-Sejour Becot St Emilion -$79.95
Blend: 87% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Sauvignon & 4% Cabernet Franc
This delivers a vibrant core of raspberry and boysenberry preserves, freshened with hints of mint, savory and tobacco, all carried by fine threads of charcoal through the finish. Reveals a lovely tug of sweet earth at the end. 93 points Wine Spectator 

2015 Alain Chavy Bourgogne Blanc -$22.95
The young vines grown in Puligny, where the wines typically show green and yellow fruit, firm in avidity, and distinctive minerality. While light in body, the wine is taut, rich in texture and toasted flavors, and fresh in character. –Winemaker Notes

Champagne Leclerc Briant Reserve Brut N/V -$69.95
Bertrant Leclerc & Jacqualine Briant were early adopters of organic practices and one of the first to bottle single-vineyard Champagnes in the 1970’s. Today, enologist Herve Jestin continues their legacy and delivers the depth and fruitiness expected of Champagne made from 80% black grapes and underlying notes of brioche and almond. The remaining percent from Chardonnay brings an underpinning of lemony acidity. While it is light and fresh, the finish is firmly dry with lingering notes of chervil and coriander. –The Winebow Group

2015 Tollot Beaut Chorey Les Beaune Rouge -$47.95
A terrific village Chorey from vines over ninety years old.  Notes of juicy red cherry, coniferous sous bois and subtle espresso lead to a refined, well balanced and full-bodied palate showing impressive depth and intensity through the persistent finish. 90 points Decanter

2015 Chateau Laplagnotte Bellevue Saint Emilion -$34.95
With a blend of 75% merlot and the remainder 25% Cabernet Franc, this wine provides fruit-driven notes of black currant, black cherry, licorice, and graphite. The soil composition of iron-rich clay and sand express a medium body with soft, silky tannins, and a deep plum and ruby hue to the wine. –Winemaker Notes

2016 Chateau de Fontenille Blanc Entre Deux Mers -$13.95
Light gold in color, teeming with enticing aromas of citrus and white peaches, it displays wonderful acidity and freshness on the palate coupled with exotic fruit and citrus flavors. –Winebow Group